Sunday, August 19, 2012

So, it's August...it's not too early for Christmas...is it?


Nope, not when it comes to Christmas Stitching!!! My first Christmas Card finish for 2012! Last year I stitched about 10 different patterns for my cards and gave everyone a different one, but this year I have decided to do them all in this pattern...I will however be changing up the colors...of the words, and the snowman's hat and scarf, so....I don't know how this is gonna be for me, I hope I don't get bored with stitching the same design over and over and ooooveeerrr...but I also have some other Christmas Smalls I wanna get done this year too....Ornaments! I have had a book of Christmas Ornaments for quite a few years, and about 5 years ago I actually DID stitch up some of them, and used them as decoration on presents, so they all went bye bye, but this year I have decided I'm gonna open up to page #1, and stitch right through the whole book! FOR ME! (There are 78 different ornies in this book,) there are "sets" or series if you will...or collections....for example "Littlest stockings" there are 12 of them, and "Christmas Critters" twelve of them, 12 santa Clauses, 12 different animals playing in the snow, 12 different snowmen, there's a Noah's ark theme, and also a set of Country Folk as well, I want to do all of them....So, I am really excited for that project, as most of you who have read this blog for awhile know, I LOVE series of things....I'm weird, I know, so the first collection I will be doing is the "Littlest stocking" series, so will show photos of them as I work on them.

I will still work on The Abbey, as well as try to get some work in on "Snow Valley Express" (You can find it in my labels on my sidebar if you're curious! ) I took the month of July "off" from serious stitching and I come back with my mojo in full swing, ready to stitch everything I see! I love this feeling!

Thank you for reading, and for my new followers-Welcome! I am so glad you're here! I hope you enjoy seeing all my stitching, as much as I enjoy stitching them! Hope you all have a wonderful week!!


12 comments:

Cheryl said...

well done you! I cannot face anything remotely Christmassy yet

Chris said...

I think your card choice is sweet for this year. I love snowmen.
Have a great week!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching. I know what you mean about never getting around to making for yourself.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is a cute little snowman! I don't do anything much in the way of holidays but I did do a patch of snowmen once because I do love them snowmen! Happy stitching!

Linda said...

Your xmas ornament book sounds interesting. Can you tell me the name of the book?

Linda

~*Sharee*~ said...

Hi hun, cute snowman..thank you for visiting my blog & your sweet comment..

Hugs, Shar

Margaret said...

Love your snowman! And all of your stitching is wonderful! I really love the sky (and the house!) in the Abbey! Been following your posts, but not commenting recently -- bad me. lol!

The Maiden said...

Never too early for christmas stitching! What a great gift!

Carla said...

You picked a cute pattern to stitch for yoor Christmas cards :)

Minnie said...

That's a great design for your cards, looks like a quick stitch. And this is the perfect time for Christmas stitching.

JessB said...

I am inpressed stitching Christmas cards! That is something I have not convinced myself to do. Looks like you are working on some big projects too. Happy Stitching!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Beautiful stitching!

Holly x