Monday, October 10, 2011

The blahs...

Ok, this has very little to do with stitching, what I want to say, so if you want to just skip this post that is fine, I understand. I will start of with the stitch portion of this post so you can read and move on if you like! But I feel like I just want to "talk" about how I feel. I know, I know, you're probably saying "Get a therapist already!" LOL

so, stitch-wise things are...sloooow...mostly all I have worked on this entire past week has been one halloween card. I wanted to try to finish it this weekend, and just have not had the energy to pull it out and work on it anymore than a few minutes at a time. I have wanted to work on Howling, I have wanted to work on "Joy to the World" card, but I just can't find the energy...

Which brings me to the non-stitchy portion of this post.

So, Friday I went to the doctor to get a refill on my prescription for my Birth control, however, they won't give it to me because my blood pressure is too high. I understand this, and it makes sense. It's not the first time this happened. It happened in 06 also, and I learned to live with it.

I do have blood pressure meds that I take, or am supposed to...ahem. I am horrible about taking pills, and being on top of that. I forget them, or whatnot, so I am sure this has contributed to my blood pressure being so high. I had it under control when I was pregnant, and now it is all out of whack again.

So, in order to try to lower the BP I have decided no more coffee, until I get this straightened out. I have also decided to try to be better about taking my BP pills. Yeaaaah...There is a label on the pill bottle...something to the affect of "This medicine may cause drowsiness...blah blah and so on..." so, the whole "No coffee, AND taking of drowsy medicines"?....Naaaaaaap....zzzz....

I feel so out of it! I am tired, and due to the no hormones in the BC I am also cranky, and sad, and irritable, and I'm just a mess....I have no energy to do anything, I took a three hour nap today and though I just woke up a few hours ago I feel ready to go back to bed. I hate feeling this way!!

I'm sorry for the rant, but I just needed to talk to someone, and I appreciate it if you read all this drivel, I do. Anyway, I think I am gonna go curl up in bed and just go to sleep. Why fight it? I will try to get a stitchy/photo post up this week! Thank yo uagain for listening to me!

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Such a bummer! I had no idea BP pills can cause drowsiness! And no coffee on top of it. Sigh. I hope your BP gets back under control so you can get your BC pills back. Hope you start feeling more normal again soon too -- hopefully your body will adjust and the blahs will go away. :( Hang in there!

Denise said...

Hang in there Lana, hopefully you get the med thing figured out.
Happy Stitching
Denise

Carrie said...

Sorry you're feeling so down. Sending you good thoughts and I hope you feel better soon.

Lynn said...

Oh Lana, I hope you're feeling much better soon! I have BP issues as well so I know how you feel. I do take my pills and my BP has still been out of control. So I finally decided that maybe I should really try and lose some of my extra weight. I started Weight Watchers a couple of weeks ago. I hate it but I'm hoping it will improve the situation.
Hang in there! I'm sure you will start feeling more energetic soon.

Debbie said...

Hi Lana. I am a NP....have your BP pills always caused you to feel so tired? If so, that's probably why you neglect taking them. Really, there are a gazillion BP pills. So ask your doc for something different if this continues! No fun not feeling like stitching!!!

Charity C. said...

Keep your head up. Things will get better that way! I am praying for you!

Aussie Stitcher said...

I hope things improve for you Lana. I too have blood pressure issues and have been on meds for a few years now. I find with mine that I need to take them at the same time every day, otherwise my symptoms go hay wire. Take care.