Saturday, August 06, 2011

A Finish!

I finished the card for my parents! Look at the little bride's necklace! I made it out of a string of seed beads! The pattern originally called for French knots, but I totally suck at those, so I thought why not just use a string of beads. I think it came out cute!

Yay! We made it through Typhoon Muifa without a scratch! It lasted 52 hours long! During which we were house bound! But! We were some of the lucky ones...some people we know were without electricity (and still are) for HOURS! And we only lost power for about ten minutes this morning at around 7:30. Some people have flooding, we had none. We were very lucky! Thank you again to everyone who sent us good thoughts and prayers!

13 comments:

Margaret said...

What a cute card for your parents! Glad you made it through the typhoon safe and sound! Whew!

Lynn said...

Such a cute finish Lana! I love how you finished the bride's necklace.
I'm very glad to hear you made it through the typhoon without any major problems. Now you can relax.

Jules said...

Thank God you are all alright and without much damage! I just heard that it's heading toward China now. Whew!!!

About "Coming Home for the Holidays", have you started on it yet? I am more than 50% complete on it, but I would enjoy doing a SAL on it with ya! Maybe we can encourage one another to "git 'er done" (to quote Larry the Cable Guy, lol)!

Carrie said...

How cute! I'm sure your parents will love the card!

Denise said...

I think your your card turned out very cute, great job. Your parents will love it.
Happy Stitching
Denise

Joanie said...

I wondered how you fared with the typhoon. My DS is in Afghanistan and the DIL is in the States so they missed it. I'm glad you made it through with nary a scratch.
Love our card, it's adorable! Thanks for visiting my blog.

mdgtjulie said...

That card is darling, and I'm so glad you weathered the storm well. Prayers going out to those who didn't!!

Zoe said...

Cute cute_ I am sure they will love

Kathy Ellen said...

Thank heavens that you are safe and sound now after the typhoon! That must have been pretty scary for you!

Your parents are sure to love your sweet little Bride and Groom card that you so lovingly stitched for them!

Maureen said...

good to hear that you made it through the typhoon unharmed -

as for french knots, i am with you on that, just can't get the hang of them and i think the beads like just perfect instead.

Carla said...

Cute card... love the beaded necklace :)
Glad you made it through the thypoon with no problems :)

Meari said...

Very cute!!

Lillie said...

Its a beautifully card for your parents. Well done!

Am glad you are safe and hope the typhoon is over and gone.