Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Book Talk Tuesday

This past week has been good with the reading!! I finished THREE books:

-The Interruption of Everything by Terry McMillan
-The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory
-Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by: Joanna Weaver

The first two were the last of 7 library books I checked out 6 weeks ago, and the third was a book that our womens bible study group at church picked.

What's next?

Well, I have been "reading" War and Peace now since May of last year. I use the term "reading" loosely, as I keep sitting it down to pick up other books, but I am going to make it a goal for me to finish War and Peace by September 15th... I am currently on page 812, and it has 1455 pages, which means I only have 643 pages left. So if I read 10 pages a day I should easily reach my goal!!

I am also in the middle of a few Re-reads as well. I love Anne Rivers Siddons, and i own all her works, and usually read a few of them every year, I think I have read all her works at least 4 or 5 times apiece. Right now I'm reading Colony. One of my favorites of hers. It takes place on the beach so it is a good summer read. I am also reading The Bestseller by Olivia Goldsmith. If anyone were to ask my what my all time favorite book was, this is it! I have read it about 15 or so times, and here I am reading it again.

So, that is what I'm working on in the reading arena right now. I know I said I would write a review but I have not worked one out yet. I need to, as I've already read 35 books this year, and now reviewed a single one. So...maybe next week. Now I just gotta figure out which book I want to review...anyone have a suggestion which book they might want to know more about that I could review?

Oh yes, and along the lines of "booktalk"...I was pleasantly surprised this past week when I opened my box of Cheerios and a childrens book fell out! It is called "How do you Hug a Porcupine? It is really cute. I will definitely put it on my daughter's shelf. I was impressed!! I remember when they put toys in cereal, and now they are putting in books?! Wow! I think that is awesome! I guess someone is trying ot get our kids to read more! I like that idea!



1 comment:

mdgtjulie said...

I love to read. I don't care which book you review, lol. I'd read it no matter what book it is as long as there are no spoilers!!