Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Book Talk Tuesday

Every year (for the past two years, and now this year) I try to read 75 books. I am a member on goodreads.com, and joined a group on there called the 75 book challenge where we all try to read 75 books during the year. Which basically averaged out is about 6 and a quarter books read a month.

As you all know, I had a baby in February, so the beginning of the year really stunk for me in the reading department (stitchy department too!) And so in February and March I only got 3 books read in each of those books! ::gulp:: However, I have drastically picked up the pace! This past month (May) I read 8 books!!! I was so excited!!

I am hoping to be able to do this again this month as well! Anyway, I just wanted to share what I read last month, with my personal star rating next to them, out of 5.

1. The Adventures of Sherlock Homes ****
2. Safe Haven By Nicholas Sparks ***** (Sparks usually always gets 5 stars here!)
3. The Christmas Train By: David Baldacci *****( This was my first book I've read by this author, and he will definitely be making another appearance on my book shelf!)
4. Amazing Word search collection (Not a REAL book, but I counted it, since it DOES have an ISBN number! Hey! With a new born in the house,I need all the help I can get to reach that 75 book goal! )
5. Haunted Schools ***** By:Allan S. Mott ( I love true ghost stories and am really into the paranormal!)
6. The Boleyn Inheritance ***** By: Philippa Gregory
7. Haunted Highways **** By: Dan Asfar (More ghosty stuff!)
8. Standing in the Rainbow **** by: Fannie Flag ( I read one other of hers a few years back, and her writing has that country down home, small town feel to it! I liked this one quite a bit)

So, that was my reading list for May! I finally turned off the computer and got lots of reading and stitching in, and I hope to do this again this month as well! If you have questions about these books, you can ask me in the comments, or you can find me on goodreads here:
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/3080295-joy

I have already finished one book for the month of June: The Memory Keepers Daughter. I loved it alot, it definitely got 5 stars from me!! I had heard really great things about it, and when I saw it at the library I had to snatch it up!

Right now I am reading two,which are both VERY good:

-The Red Queen By: Philippa Gregory
-The Interruption of Everything by: Terry McMillan

Next time I post "Book Talk Tuesday" I will have a review or two, hopefully!!

4 comments:

MoonBeam said...

Amazing. I don't know how you do it!

Bobbi

Janet said...

New to your site. I have just finished the Other Queen by Phillipa Gregory and it is great. She really presents the women of history as persons not just chattel (as they were often used).

I am impressed, I read a lot but will probably not get through that many books. How fun.

Janet said...

I just finished Phillipa Gregory's The Other Queen and I loved it. She is so good at making these women of history seem real.

I am impressed by how many books you have and will read. I thought I read a lot but you have me beaten all hollow (as they say). Congrats on the baby and the books.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the baby. I love to read too. Maybe you could post a little more about the group you belong to - I guess the main question I have is do they tell you what books to read? Or do they provide a list of say 200 books and you pick 75? Or do you just pick 75 you want to read? I don't think I could do the ghost books but I do read a lot. I'm probably to late to join this year but it's something I could keep in mind for next year.