Thursday, April 14, 2011

Oh wow!

Do you ever have times in your life when things just seem to be moving way too fast? We found out two days ago that we have to move out of our house by late August, because the military is remodeling these homes, so that means we had to find a new place to live. Today we went to a meeting to find out some information about how things would go with moving, what housing was available and such. Somehow by the end of the day, we ended up with a new home!! So we are moving this week!!! This morning it was "Lets JUST get some info", by noon it was "Lets JUST look at a few houses to see what's available when the time comes" And by late afternoon it was "We are moving in a week?!" I am super excited!! But I don't know how long I will be without internet so I may not be here for a bit...but that may be a good thing! I can get more stitching and reading done! Ha! Yeah right!! I'll be busy moving and unpacking all my stuff and getting my house in order!! LOL... So, that is what is going on with me! I am excited!! I have been stitching, mostly on The Tree Branch, and it is starting to look really good, I've just not had much time to get online and post photos. Work on Howling at the Moon has slowed down quite a bit, but I still get some time in on it, every so often. My resolution to stay off the computer isn't working out so well, but I still am trying not to spend AS MUCH time on it as before. It's just a constant battle! LOL...I don't think it is one I will ever truly win!

6 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Nothing like knowing what they want when it comes to the Military eh? I saw a Welcome sign on a house one time which said
"Home is where the Army sends you" beneith that were little blocks with the names of the cities where the family had been located and relocated to. It was very heart warming.
Good Luck with the quick move and make it your own when you get there. Be safe and be happy. Be always in stitches

Maureen said...

exciting times! good luck with the packing up..

Denise said...

You could be doing a lot worst things than spending time on the computer.And besides if you didn't get on the computer we wouldn't hear from you!Good luck with the move to the new house.
Denise

Blu said...

Wow that's quick! Last time we moved I think it took almost a year between deciding and starting to pack!

Best of luck with the move!

Joanie said...

Lana, I assume you are in base housing? My Son and DIL are in base housing in Okinawa and they love it.

Carolyn NC said...

Good heavens - but at least it sounds like it'll be nice! Good luck!