Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Thank you all sooooo much!!!

I wanted to post and just say thank you to all who left such encouraging and thoughtful comments on my last post!!! It is so nice to know that I am not alone!!! And it also felt good to just vent, and get some feedback!!!

It's sorta funny, because after I wrote that post, yesterday I had a pretty good day. The evening was trying as this is the time my little one decides to scream her head off because I think she has intestinal issues, (gas, and a hard time passing stools) and it broke my heart that I couldn't get her to stop crying!! But I had some time yesterday to tidy up my house, and do some laundry, and I never had a chance to pick up my book or stitching, but I was ok with that....it's just like being able to vent here just took the frustration away, and when Lyssa started in with her screaming, I am proud to say I didn't loose my cool, I just kept holding her and talking to her, and crying right along with her! LOL....

She turned a month old yesterday, and things ARE starting to look up, I just every so often have "a day", or a "A moment" if you know what I mean!! And again, thank you all so very much for your words of mommy wisdom, and encouragement!! It really helped me know that there are others out there who know what I am going through!

And I promise the next time I post it will have stitchy info!!! LOL =)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are doing better, and you don't have to apologize. I am not going to let you know what site my is today because I had a meltdown over my young adult children and you REALLY don't need to hear that! LOL It is an ongoing battle with lots of wonderful moments and some very hard ones, but mostly terrific!

Hugs! Peggy

Margaret said...

Hang in there, kid. It'll get better and better as she gets older. And just wait till she smiles at you the first time. Only at you -- because you are the one she knows is mommy. It's worth it just for that first smile. :D Glad you had a better day.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

So glad you had a better day!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Glad you are doing better! Hang in there.... (((HUGS)))

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Glad you are able to sit back and take a breath now and then. You are right you know, sometimes a Mom just needs to vent and once you have done that whether you post it or not there is a sense of balance brought back to life, a second to take a deep breath and realize how good it felt to get it off your chest. I used to have a blanket that I warmed up for my daughter when she had her bouts of being a screaming meamie, and that usually calmed her down. You will find your niche for that and wonder why it took so long to figure out. Awe the joys of Mommyhood.
As always

natalysneedle said...

Glad to hear you had a better day. I used to call it the witching hour. It happened every night as we sat for dinner, one of my sons would cry from 5-7pm. It always seemed like it was at my most tired moment when he would start. I would just rock him and rock him and pray that he would stop. Once they get a little older you can change the routine, warm bath, massage, and a bedtime story. It is a phase and does pass I promise.

Jennifer Burch said...

keep those gas drops handy, you can use them alot! Have you tried gripe water? They sell it at the BX. Dawson and Hayley had a lot of gas issues. I don't know if you are breastfeeding but I didn't. If you aren't they have alot of fomula that is easy on the tummy.. see if you can get some. Hope things look up!