Tuesday, December 07, 2010

November smalls...

Wow! Can it truly be that we are in December now and I am almost finished with these two small series for the year?! Amazing!



And here are all three of my smalls for November!!! Now just have to finish up the last letter for this month and I'll be done. I finished the December block already, but will share that in another post!


I cannot believe I'm at the end of the year!!! And I did it, I kept up with these little things and now I have a bunch of tiny squares to make more quilts out of. Last night I started planning out my quilt for the alphabet blocks, I think I've come up with something. It will also be for Alyssa, to hang in her room, so she has exposure to the alphabet, but I'm not worried about having it done before she's 2 when she can really understand, so it's no big hurry, it's nice to have these squares finished though for when I am ready to put the quilt together.

So with the end of a year come the ideas and ponderings of new goals and projects for the new year!!! Always an exciting time, I don't know about you, but I love the beginning of the new year when you can start looking through your stash to find new things to work on as the new year comes!


I, however do not think I will be starting anything new....but! I must say that I am a "series" girl, and I do have a "series" I am thinking of starting, but I also have so many WIPS in the works I am not sure I feel right doing that. But!! On the other hand, THIS entire year I have not started ANYTHING new, except for the monthly checkered squares, which I started at the beginning and took all year to do. All the other projects I worked on this year have been WIP's. My lambs were started ALONG time ago, back when I lived at home with my folks, Howling at the Moon I started in 2008, The Abbey I started in 2007, and the alphabet sampler book I started last year (I think), so I think that maybe I do deserve a new start! I don't know, we shall see.

Anyone else looking forward to some new starts? OR maybe just trying to thin out their ever growing WIP pile? I have heard of the New start challenge, someone here in blogland started, where you start 15 new starts in January and try to complete them by the end of the year. Sounds great, but I think by the end of the year I would just have added 15 WIPs to my pile and that would just be disasterous. LOL


Well, off to the store to get some much needed groceries! Thank you to all my new followers!!! And my commenters and all those who just stop by to visit and are quiet....I hope you are all enjoying this festive holiday season!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Beautiful finishes for November Lana! Can't wait to see your alphabet quilt as you work on it. It will be so special to Alyssa! I'm with you on the 15 new starts - I think that would stress me out more than anything. I've spent the last year working on small and medium projects so once Christmas is over I have 2 big projects I'd like to finally get finished - one is Mirabella's Angel of Grace for my daughter, Gracyn and the other it the Littlehouse Neighborhood by LHN. I know I haven't touched Angel of Grace in 2010 and the Neighborhood maybe twice! I need to stay focused and get these biggies done! Thanks for sharing as always and have a great December!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Beautiful finishes.

I am doing a little something different than the starting 15 new items. Check out my blog to find out about what I am going to be doing and feel free to join me.

Kathy said...

Your square are just lovely. I can't wait to see the quilt. I'm sure it will be gorgeous.

As for the challenge. there is another one which is for wips and not new starts. You could join that one. :)

http://up4achallenge.blogspot.com/

Joy said...

Love your Nov. finishes. Great work.