Saturday, December 19, 2009

Something a little smaller...

I have been working on HUGE projects now for over a month, and I am in need of some finishes. I have had the hankering to start something small with a Christmas theme. However I just knew that I had something in my WIP drawer, so off I went a-looking and lo and behold, I came up with these little guys. They are a set of 6 ornaments, that were featured in the March 2005 issue of Stitcher's World Magazine. I have finished 1-3 and started #4 and 5, and just have #6 to fully work on, so I am thinking I am going to pick up where I left off with these ones and see how far I can get before Christmas gets here (less than a week!)

After I finish these ornies I am going to get back to the Rainbow Gallery series I was working on quite awhile ago. The mini-sampler book. I finished to letter C, so still have a ways to go. These are small, but it will allow me a sense of accomplishment as I finish each one. I was doing so good hammering out all those WIPs and got quite a few finished in October, and then I picked up my BAP's again and now I just keep stitching and stitching and stiiiiitching without a finish. There is just something about a finish that is motivating. Right now I don't have much motivation for my stitching and I thought getting back into a few smaller pieces might help get me the motivation I crave! So, for now, The BAP's are on hold and I am just gonna work on a few smaller projects!

4 comments:

Barbi said...

These are too cute!!

Jules said...

So much cuteness, so little time! I just wish I had a few hours to sit and stitch without being so tired. LOL

Carolyn NC said...

Ornies are cute!

Mary Ann said...

I love the ornaments you are working on!