Sunday, May 04, 2008

Thank you!

Oh my goodness! The wonderful responses I recieved from you who answered my cry for help!!! thank you all for your lovely bits of insight, and for enabling a fellow stitcher! lol. I have spent the majority of my computer time browsing some of the shops you all suggested, and oh. boy. I WANT IT ALLL!!!!! lol. And in lieu of my crazy sence of want I have decided...gulp... not to buy anything. THIS is why:


This is my pile of magazines and leaflets and chart books, and the other photo is a 4 drawer cabinet thingy full of kitted projects that either 1) need to be started or 2) WIP's. I also have a BUNCH of kitted projects out by my stitching chair in the living room, but seeing as how messy my house is, didn't want to share that, but believe me, for now I think I have my hands full with enough stitching stuff!!! More than enough to get me through this lifetime. lol
But!!! Thank you all so much for the wonderful help and when I get in the mood to spend again, I have bookmarked a few good places! I'll let you know when/if that happens! I may, one of these days decide to splurge.


Oh, and I have another new start. This one will take me awhile to get finished, it is called "Howling at the Moon"













And this is how far I am:
Obviously not very far at all, prob about 200 sttiches, maybe a little more. I think that was like 2 or 3 hours work on it, it has a TON of color changes! I am doing it on 18 cnt white aida! I am really enjoying this. We'll see how long it can keep my interest! lol! Well, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and hope you have a great week coming up! and thanks for reading!


4 comments:

Barb said...

Your WIP is going to be stunning when done. Great start to it.

Stitchingranny said...

I think you made a wise choice. Its hard sometimes to say no but why waste all that lovely stash you still have.

The new start is a good example of the lovely stash you already have.

Aussie Stitcher said...

You are so strong to resist Lana, as soon as I 'think' stash, there is a new order happening. Your new wip is looking great.

Juanita said...

I can relate to your stash issues. Mine is completely out of control, so much that I made a deliberate decision to curb my stash spending this year.

Your WIP is going to be gorgeous when it's done. Lots of work, but well worth it.