Saturday, May 05, 2007

Blech, Where did Spring go?!

Hello! Well, our weather here is just sticky and nasty and hot! Today DH and I volunteered, as scorekeepers at a golf tournament, and it didn't rain, but the wind blew fiercly for most of the day! It was awful! we have to go back out there tomorrow too! We are supposed to get rain tomorrow! That would just be...not good!

Anyway, I am desperatley trying to catch up with everyone's blogs! Somehow I have gotten WAAAAY behind, and as you can see, I am also in the process of adding all my favorite blogs on my sidebar...if you are not there, don't worry, I am still plugging away a little at a time at putting in all my favorites! I have over 100 that I have in my google reader, so I am hoping to get you all in there.

Well, much to my disappointment, today DH bought me SIMS 2University...and we are having installation problems with it! So, I guess I will be stitching a bit more, and hitting up on all your blogs that I need to read!

My scanner is still (or again,) on the fritz...we thought we got it up and going but I guess not! So,
Sorry for no new photos. I did work on my SAL this past week, but alas no photo.

I am not sure how much longer I will be able to commit to this blogging thing...not like I'm gonna throw it all out the window, but I have decided to go back to college and get a masters degree in Clinical Psychology, and I start summer term.

So...I see my "stitching/blogging/lay around and watch the cloud formation" time slipping away. I am hoping that I have the discipline and determination to do this! I'm so used to not having to study, and be a student, I don't know if I can do it! I've gotten so used to my free time! Keep your fingers crossed for me! And while I'm anxious, and not sure about this decision, I am excited, because I miss the learning process so much! I'm just worried that I won't be a good student. Getting my bachelor's degrees was easy because I wasn't married, I lived on campus, school was my life, literally. But now I am married and have other demands on my time, and I am taking classes online, so I won't even be in a classroom setting! Those are prime motivators! So, that is what is on my plate right now.

Oh and I am SAD to say, that once more, another year has passed and Snow Valley Express isn't finished for my dad's birthday! Which is a little over a week away! So disappointed in myself...well, there's always Christmas! Well, I am gonna go try to cool off now...icky, sticky, humidity-blech!

9 comments:

Hazel said...

Going back to college is so exciting. I am rooting for you! xx

stitcherw said...

Hopefully the weather will be a little better today for the golf game, being outside all day working in the heat/humidity or even worse rain certainly would not be much fun.

Snow Valley Express sounds like a perfect Christmas present. I'm not familiar with that one, but it sounds like a lovely winter project. Good luck on going back to school, I'm sure you can do it.
Sue

Aussie Stitcher said...

I know what you mean about the study thing. I started my degree two years ago and it certainly is challenging, but also rewarding at the same time. Good luck with it.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I hope the weather is better! We are having terrible storms all around and lots of thunderstorms and rain here too!

Cheryl said...

That's great you're going back to college...good luck!

Cathy said...

Good luck going back to school. I'm sure you'll be great!

Michelle said...

Congrats on going back to school! That's fantastic!

Alberta said...

Nice to see I'm not the only one trying to catch up on my favorite blogs!

Don't be too hard on yourself about your Dad's project...it took me an embarassing long time to finish Alex's quilt! Just do the best you can when you can!

Sandy said...

I'm with you on where did Spring go. This Louisiana humidity is not fun either. Congrats on starting back to school,you can do it. How exciting! I'm sure you can get Snow Valley Express finished. I have faith. Good luck with everything.