Thursday, April 12, 2007

Progress Photo Thursday!...Thursday?!

Yup, I had decided that since I have not posted photos for a few days that I would share some,even though it isn't Friday yet, just so you know that I DO occasionally stitch, you know? In between those long hours on the computer reading blogs. I'm beginning to think that my true love/obsession/hobby is reading blogs, and I stitch whenever I can slip it in...nah not for real, I just love so many blogs, and I have that blessed thing we call Google Reader at hand, and sometimes I don't want to sit and just read, I just want to sort of just read a few posts here and there and move on with life, you know? But then every so often I will wake up and realize after just reading a few post everyday for a week that I have over 80 feeds! Yikes! so, then I plunk my behind in the chair and spend all day reading! Which is exactly what I did today! When I woke up this morning and looked at my google reader, I had 76 feeds, and I am proud to announce I only have 27 now to read! All your blogs are so fun! And the stitching is beautiful!


Now onto the photos!


Here is my March Freebie, finally finished! It is missing a button, to the right side, there is a green stem, but no flower...I think the lion...whom I just realized is blind, because I forgot to stitch in his eye- ate the flower! Yeah, that's my story and I'm stitchin to it...I mean stickin to it!


And I am so CLOSE to finishing April already, I started it last friday I think...? And I stuck with it, and here it is, all I have left is to finish the bunny! I love the colors in this one! So bright and yet soft at the same time...

Sorry it is a bit blurry the fabric wasn't laying flat on the scanner and it caused a shadow on it. And again...I have a flowerless stem, and I don't think the bunny ate it, because he has no tummy yet, but you never know! I am not sure if I will order the buttons for these little things, as I have not exactly decided what I am going to do with them just yet. I was thinking about making them into a quilt, or maybe frame them individually as wall hangings. I really didn't think about it when I decided to take on stitching this series, I was just thinking, "Oh how nice, to do a little something to sorta break up the monotony of the HUGE projects I seem to indulge in. But I have yet to really figure anything out finishing-wise for them. Anyone have any suggestions?
Well, that's about it for me today, I want to thank all of you who left comments on my previous post about hand dyed fabrics and over dyed threads, thank you for the encouragement, and Kathryn for the tips! I think I am gonna do it! Much to the dismay of my DH who was happy that I seemed so "content" with what I had...ah well, what can I say? "Hand over the Credit card, honey,and no one will get hurt!" That works for me! Catch yah guys later!

2 comments:

Carla said...

nice progress Lana!! both pieces are looking great!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I think I saw the bunny eat that stem! LOL! Your stitching looks great!