Monday, January 15, 2007

Thank you all!

I really don't have anything to write, I worked on Dare to dream for a bunch of the day yesterday, however, I still have some to work on before reaching the end of page 1. But it is coming along slowly! I want to apologize to people for now commenting much on your blogs, I am slowly trying to catch up on reading two weeks worth of blogs, since I was gone! and witht he internet down last week it really slowed my progress quite a bit. So it is slow going, but I will get there, I promise. I wonder if that is what I should do today. I had a dentist appointment today, but it was cancelled due to the horrific weather we have been having over the weekend! The weather here is insane! Thursday it was high 50's low 60's and by Friday morning everything was frozen solid! Anyway, the roads are awful right now. Oh, I did finish my first finish of 2007, just a small piece, but I did get it done. It was in JCS ornament issue of 2006, and I thought it would be an easy thing to tote with me on my trip to California, so here it is. I also need to share a photo of Patchwork Bears, as I worked a bit on it over my holidays as well.
I have much to share but have not, I am an awful blogger! I am trying though. so, here is my first finish of 2007. It is supposed to be a pin keep, but i have never finished anything in a pin keep, so this may be interesting, I may not do anythign with it, but I wanted to have soemthing easy and pretty to stitch and here it is. I changed the colors, the original color int he magazine was a dark red, I think, but I decided to go with the purple. Well, yesterday I decided to bake. It seemed like a nice cozy thing to do on such a cold yucky day, so I made Banana bread, and it really came out pretty good, if I do say so myself. I am just now getting into cooking. my hubby got me a cook book, and I am gonna start trying to cook things, rather than buying frozen things from Sam's club. Well, my needle is calling me, so I think I will get going!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your cooking experiments! You'll have some great successes and some flops, but don't get discouraged. :) Home cooking is much more healthful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lana! Thats a really pretty piece. Got a link to your blog from stitching bloggers. Its a great read! I also got cooking books for christmas-i wanted to be able to cook more meals from scratch. Its been going well so far! Good luck to you too!

Anonymous said...

Lovely little finish!!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty finish!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulatiopns on your finish!

Anonymous said...

Your finish is pretty! I like the purple :)

Anonymous said...

Love your first finish of 2007! The color is beautiful and you done an amazing job on it!

Good luck with the cooking. I am sure that you and hubby will really enjoy your meals more!