Tuesday, January 16, 2007

SAL excitement!


Wow! I am finally going to be a part of an SAL. With Cindy of "Cindy's Stitching Korner" she showed some stash that she had gotten a few days ago and I saw a chart that I knew I had in my stash from years ago, and I have always wanted to do it, but other projects tended to jump in the way, so I saw this as a great opportunity to work on this! Get a bit of motivation from seeing the progress of another stitcher. The verse is Isaiah 40:31. "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint." It is a very encouraging verse to alot of Christians, it reminds us that if we keep our eyes on Him, He will help us through it. He will give us the strength to get through it.
Plus, my husband loves eagles, so actually many years ago...ten years or so ago, when we dated as high school kids I had bought this for him, because he was going through a rough time, and I wanted to stitch it for him, but then we broke up, and now...guess what? Ironic that I will stitch it, and be able to hang it in our home! All these years later!
So, i will definitely be posting photos of this one's progress. I need to show you my Dare to dream! I finished the first page...ok, well, all I have to do is the white and backstitching. So, I have actually moved onto the next page, got pretty far with it too. except I found ahuge boo-boo in the border, and it is two stitches too long, but what the heck, I am going to try to work through it, because I don't want to pull it all out! Oh well. So, if that project starts looking a little crooked to you, you'll know why! well, I am going to go to bed. We are supposed to start having snow today...Cindy said she was having snow and she lives just up the road a bit from me, so we shall see.
My poor puppy was sick to her tummy yesterday, and everything was frozen over, so she couldn't get to any grass to clear out her system, so what do I do? I go out there, and start pulling frozen grass out to thaw out for her! She was much appreciative and thanked me by throwing up on the carpet! But! hey, she feels better, and that is all that matters to me! Happy stitching! And thank you all for allt he wonderful comments! I have been trying to hit up most of your blogs, but I am very backlogged what with going on vacation and all, but I will eventually get to you all! I hope!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing your's and Cindy's progress on this beautiful piece.

Anonymous said...

Your DH will certainly appreciate this beautiful design! :)