Monday, September 25, 2006

Bye Bye Serenity!

Well, my days have been very busy and full of everything but stitching. Since hubby is home I have had hardly any time to myself. Which is alright I guess. Would it be mean if I said, I cannot wait for him to go back to work? I mean, yes, it's been fun hanging out, and we got a new car (A Ford Mustang) but I have to cook, and there is twice as much to clean, and he always wants my attention, and he wants to talk to me, and these past four months has been so quiet, and I had so much time to myself, and now...my quiet little haven has been shattered! No me time, messes all over the place, I have to make sure I have food for him. It is so frustrating, I haven't picked up a needle in days! He has had plenty of time to himself! When I go to work, he has all kinds of time, but I don't get any. Ok, this is only until next Tuesday, then he'll go back to work, and I will have all day until I go to work in the evening to do my own thing, but what about until then?! UGH! Oh well. I must sound so cold hearted! Here he's been gone for 4 months, and he's been home less than a week, and I want him to go away again! Not to Iraq, of course, but anywhere else! No, not really, I just want more me time. Gosh, I forgot how much he eats!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad that DH got home safely, but I share your plight. After many years of being happily single, a good friend (of 15 years) & I decided maybe we'd be the perfect couple. After just 6 months, he's driving me crazy - not enough time for just me anymore. Call me selfish but I was the most happy, selfish person on the planet (lol). Hang in there........

Von said...

It's difficult to adjust to time apart, then time together again. My DH and I experienced this years ago when he worked out of town and came home every other weekend. His coming home just seemed so disruptive. It'll get better. :D

Leeland said...

Well, it may sound a little different, but when my first baby was born, DH and I sometimes felt him as an intruder, and we had a real hard time to adjust: no me or us time left... It's just a matter of time; but I also think that may be hubby could share more tasks in the house while you work, so that you can get me-time at night? Just suggesting: talk this out!
Take care!

Carol said...

Oh my gosh, how sad that you write about your husband that way.