Sunday, August 27, 2006

And! the next disaster in this deployment has raised it's ugly head!

yup...as you have guessed, life must have been running way too smooth, because yesterday my central AC went kaput! thnak goodness for the rain and the cooler air! it hasn't been to terribly unbearable! But it is hot in the house, even though Ihave the fans running, and all the sahdes closed to keep any sunlight(and heat) out. So, for the most part, i have been sitting on the bed reading, not stitching, it is too hot for that, but i am comfortable enough to read. however, it may be a blessing in disquise since i recieved my electric bill the other day...over 400$!!! so, I am sorta glad the thing broke, summer will be over with here soon, and things will be much cooler, my hubby said i can call and have the guy come out and look at it, (We have the home warranty) so it would only cost 55$ and have it temporarily fixed. we have had this house for three years and every year it has broken! My hubby is hoping that the next guy who comes out here will suggest a brand new system. I mean after three years in a row! it's obviously a piece of crap! anyway, so that is my latest catastrophe. it's bearable. Barely, but alright, I can't get comfortable stitching, though, it is really too hot for that. well, I am gonna go get some breakfast and read, unitl I have to get ready for work.

3 comments:

Leeland said...

These little problems sometimes tend to take big proportions... It's a chance summer is almost over...
Hold on!

Von said...

Something is wrong somewhere, either with the system or the repairmen, for your a/c to go out every year! Well, I don't blame you for waiting until dh is home to tackle that repair. Praying for cooler weather for you!

Faith Ann said...

Hopefully you won't have too much hot weather over the coming weeks :)

We're already closing our windows in the evening and the mornings are getting quite cool here... ughhh... not looking forward to winter.