Saturday, December 31, 2005

The last day of 2005

Wow! I can hardly believe a whole year has flown right on by, I have lived in Texas for a year and 20 days! Lots has happened this year, I moved from my wonderful home in California and came to Texas to be near my then boyfriend, after finally finishing college, and he took me on a cruise to Mexico as a graduation gift, and then because I graduated mid-year I had to return to California in May for my college graduation, which was a very special event. and in July Rob and I got married. The rest of the summer was spent waiting for my brother and sister in law to move out of our house as he had joined the military, and got stationed in Alaska, when they finally moved out Rob and I were busy moving all our stuff around and we got to move into our master bedroom...yippee! Then, the holidays were here and the rest of the year went flying by!

I got a lot of stitching in, not as much as I would have liked, but I did finish five rather large pieces, all but two took me over 60 hours to complete. I found all these wonderful blogs about my favorite hobby, and they all inspire me to pick up my needle, just about on a daily basis. And they have finally gotten me to sit and make a blog up myself.

These blogs and the people who have written them have been very important to me this year, as it was a hard year of adjusting, moving to a place where I knew practically no one, and living a new life that at first I had a hard time accepting, but after finding a part time job, and reading these blogs,and then starting a blog myself, and keep on stitching has helped me overcome a feeling of homesickness and lonliness and a slight depression at the beginning. And now, where ever I may go, or move to because of DH job, I know I have "friends" both in the blogging world, as well as in the projects that I will stitch.

So, Happy New Year everyone! I hope you have a very stitchy new year, with lots of Happy Dances and new stash! May the frogs stay away! And I also hope you have a safe year as well.

Happy stitching in 2006!

No comments: