Monday, December 26, 2005

Bye Bye Christmas! Hello New Year!

Isn't it weird, how every year we fly through the holidays? I was counting down the days until Christmas, and all of a sudden! It's over. The music, the stitching, the buying, the baking, the hustle the bustle, the magic...gone. I don't know why I am writing this post this way, almost depressing! But! I can look forward to a New year, with new goals, and It feels like a fresh start. I have my lists ready of the things I want to complete this year, including goals, and stitching, and "resolutions" I am not one of those resolution setter people. I make goals for things i want to accomplish, but so many times resolutions, such as "I want to eat healthier this year", or "I wan tot loose weight" this year, or whatever...they only last me the first week of the year,and I decide "Heck with this!" Maybe I am just not disciplined enough?

So, I have decided to make goals for my hobbies, if they aren't reached the world will keep spinning on it's axis, but making goals that are fun are well...fun.

Well, last night Rob and I made a wonderful Christmas dinner, with Turkey,twice baked potatos, stuffing, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, and crescent rolls. Then we stayed up late watching a dvd. We finally went to bed at around 2 in the morning. He worked on his eagle project on and off all day,a nd I worked a bit on my birdhouses, but spent much of the evening putting all my new flosses on bobbins, but I have to put them in their boxes still. I guess I will do that and settle down with my birdhouses again. bye!

1 comment:

Von said...

Thanks for your Christmas greeting, Lana! I recovered sufficiently from my bug to thoroughly enjoy Christmas! I understand the "let down" feeling of the day after Christmas, but it doesn't usually hit me until after the New Year. I think you're on the right track with your resolutions, and I'm so glad you and Rob had a wonderful Christmas together :)