Tuesday, October 11, 2005

A little intruder of the four legged/long tail kind.

Well! These past few days have proven to be interesting as my DH has found we have an intruder. Yes, the kind that likes to chew through boxes and eat whatever it can find. A mouse, we are supposing. We haven't actually seen the thing, I can hear it in the night sometimes, and DH has put out a trap, so hopefully this should do the trick, because I really do not like this little guy- he eats too much,and is not paying rent! Therefore he must go, as I cannot afford to pay for his eating habits!

Well, here we go again! As I look at all the beautiful projects other stitchers are working on, I find myself wanting to start a new piece myself. I bought the leaflet for Marty Bell's "The Abbey", as I enjoy stitching victorian type houses, and am itching to start it. The chart for it is 9 pages long! I am thinking that I will be stitching it on 18 count Aida, I guess. That is my favorite count, but with a piece this detailed you want to go as small as you can, so the detail really pops out at you. Now I just have to go through my stash and see if I have the materials, and Wa-la! I will start...I think. DH will probably shake his head and roll his eyes as he always does when I start a new one, and don't finish the ones I have already started. So what?! Let him roll his eyes! This is MY hobby,and I only have one life to stitch my whole stash collection. so, I will stitch what I want and start new pieces when I want as wel,so there. Humph. =)

Well here I go to survey the stash and see what the damage will be in a trip to the Hobby Lobby.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I like 18 ct for Aida best as well. That's what I'm planning on stitching my daughter's Christmas stocking on. I love Victorian designs, so I can't wait to hear about your progress!